English with Style has been designed for young ladies to learn more about British life and culture, life-skills, modern manners, wellbeing and style. It aims to raise their self-esteem and to contribute to their personal development in preparation for the adult world.
English with Style runs for one week and must be preceded by one week of General English and Activities. Students must have a spoken level of English that is intermediate or higher (B2 on the Common European Framework, 5+ on IELTS or Cambridge First Certificate).
Themes of the course include:
- Theatre visit – a London show
- Fashion, Art & Design – a workshop and visit to a top London design or art museum followed by shopping time
- British history and literature
- Feminism in the 21st century
- The British education system – a guidance session for anyone interested studying in the UK
- Cookery – create a traditional English Afternoon Tea
- Skin care – skin analysis, facials and light make-up with beauticians from SpaceNK
- Well-being evening – yoga and pamper sessions
- Team-building – strategies to develop confidence
- Sports and the fitness suite
- Life Skills & Style
- Style and Colour Fashion workshops
- Modern manners and skills – for socialising, further education and the workplace
- Flower Craft – designing and making floral decorations
- Walk Tall – how to make your presence felt
- English with Style end-of-course photo session
- Dress to Impress disco dance and end of course party
The course fee includes: English tuition, textbooks & stationery, school accommodation, academic report, social programme, sports, specialist tuition, meals, excursions, laundry, insurance, course certificate (at most centres), course photograph and airport transfers (if applicable).